Friday, June 27, 2014

Take A Break

Hello everyone how are you all? Vicky here today to show you some gorgeousness that is Maja Design. Us DT are showing you this week the new gorgeous papers from Maja Design called 'Coffee In The Arbour', now I hate, I mean detest coffee but these coffee papers really are deliciously yummy ;0)
Now I have to warn you this is piccie heavy I'm afraid. However I decided to make something different, well these papers deserve something different ;0)
I decided to make a card out of half a paper bag I had in my stash, the top half I cut used to make a gift bag last year............here is what was left....
The paper bag was double this length originally & I decided I could make 2 gift bags out of one, but then decided do something different with this half.
This is how the paper bag looks now, I really enjoyed making this & these gorgeous papers just made it so easy................although I have to say choosing which ones to use & then cutting into them is very hard, but stroking them only is a waste :0(
This is the inside & I used one of the images from the 12x12 'Delicious Moments' sheet. The smaller tag I cut from the images sheet in the 6x6 Paper Stack. I inked the edges & machine sewn all papers & this image. 

I made 2 extra-large tags to slide inside the bag part of the card. On the one above I stamped a sentiment from the Stempelglede 'Just A Note' stamp set, I love this stamp set...........I need all the Stempelglede stamps!!
The second extra-large tag I made a pocket on with the scraps of paper from decorating the card. I added 2 Canvas Corp mini bags inside, both with gesso added & another sentiment from Stempelglede Just A Note set, 'Made With Love'. The smaller tags inside I have left blank to have a private message written on them.

Can you also see that oh so yummy lace,  it really is gorgeous, its called 'Euphoria'. Along the top I threaded some seam binding from my stash in & out the holes.

The stamp is an older stamp I found when looking for another one & couldnt believe she was still uninked...........yes I'm hanging my head in shame :0( The resin lock is Melissa Frances & I added a wee bit of white Gesso........well actually I added that here, there & everywhere......I'm sure the brush had a mind of its own ;0) I also cut another tag form the Maja papers & stamped 'Made With Love' onto it.
Last piccie I promise lol. This is without the large tags. I have added lots of yummy gorgeous flowers, Frosted Berries, Foam Flower Buds, Pearl String, Crown Teardrop pin & a Clay Heart........oh yeah & some more white gesso here & there lol. All links are at the bottom to each product used.

Well if you have made it to here, well done lol, you deserve a coffee ;0)

For anymore info or more pics lol, not much more though lol, pop on over to my blog here.

Thanks for stopping by, enjoy your day, tatty bye 
Vicky xxxx







1 comment:

  1. Fabulous just so much work and detail its all wonderful thanks for sharing this amazing idea Love and Happy Crafting Hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete